Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coach Kleats

January 19th, 2010

5723 Neverwrong Drive,
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V2A0V3

Mr.Kleats
Coach
Central High School 123 Main Street,
Sportstown, British Columbia,
Canada V2A1W3

Salutations Mr.Kleats,

After watching several of your games and practices I would like to express a number of concerns I have regarding your coaching ethics. Many games and practices you arrive late, this leaves us parents in an uncomfortable position preparing our offspring for their upcoming athletic ventures. As the coach I believe if you were to make the effort to arrive on time or even a bit earlier the team would be run much smoother. Also many of your practices seem disorganized, please consider making a “gameplan” to further improve the athletic abilities of the team. For instance some practices may focus on passing and defense while others may work on offense and cardio vascular exercises to improve the lung capacity of your athletic alliance. Yet another concern that has developed is that as I watch the players on your team I notice that many of team stay on the bench for the entire game. I am positive that neither groups are fond of this as the ones on the bench surely want playing time as I am sure they did not join an athletic bench warming team, and on the other side of the spectrum I am sure your top athletes do experience fatigue on the field and would appreciate the substitution of one of said “bench warmers”. Also it has come to my attention that sometimes to urge to win brings out some words in you that may not be appropriate for an adolescent to hear. I do understand that the situation does arise anger in you and us parents as well, but I can assure you that a positive reinforcement will yield better results to the athletes playing capabilities. A positive stimulus is much easier to absorb then a negative one. Thank you for allowing me to voice my concerns, I understand that the coaching position can be stressful and is not easy. I hope to hear your response to my concerns and congratulations on your 2nd place achievement in last weekend’s tournament.

Sincerely,
Macadamia Madman

No comments:

Post a Comment